Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Twitter-Tony Stark Theory

You got Facebook? Most of you did. And you got Twitter? Not many has one. But still, I would like to share with you my theory on these two social networking sites. I come up with this theory while on Twitter.

OK. You see Facebook is for me, is like Iron Man. Yeah, that gold and red high-tech armor suit that can fly and shoots laser beam out of his palm and has light on his chest. Yes, that guy. Why I said that? It is because on Facebook, people tend to show that they are cool, strong and they showed to the public what they are on the outside or you might say externally. Handsome, beautiful and all those likable characteristics. Seldom did people shows their true colors on Facebook. Thus Iron Man is said to personified this. Cool, strong and perfect on design and application. But who is Iron Man? It is worn by Tony Stark, the creator. He is human. A living organism. Unlike his creation, a metal suit with power beyond imagination.

Twitter is Tony Stark. People who have Twitter tends to express what they feel emotionally here. They don't mind letting people see their tweets. Heck, they even felt good, comfortable by doing so because they have expressed what they feel. Letting their emotions out. Relieve the pain and pressure brewing inside their core. Only the people following that guy or girl on Twitter will know what the person really is.

I used the Tony Stark and Iron Man because initially my theory is since Facebook is just used as a public face of oneself, acting all cool and cute, while on Twitter we are just being human, insecure and full of angst. The equation for my ridiculous theory is:

Facebook = Public face of you. Acting tough and lovable and all those kind. read: hypocrite / masked
Twitter = Your real face. The REAL you.

Iron Man = Suit of armor. The public regards him as a superhero. Strong and tough.
Tony Stark = The man behind the suit of armor. Alcoholic, playboy and possessing qualities of a normal human.

Therefore Facebook is Iron Man while Twitter is Tony Stark. I know this does not make sense. But hey, it is my theory. Just sharing what I think.

If you got both Twitter and Facebook, you know what I am talking about. =). And if there is a sudden influx of new Twitter follower requests after this post has been published, I know where you people got the push from.

No comments:

Post a Comment